Personal Evaluation for Computer Information Systems Online



Tell us why you decided to go into your chosen field of study, and how your education reinforced your desire to be a systems analysis for Caterpillar. How do these factors translate into benefits for us should we desire to hire you?

For as long as I can remember, computers have been a pivotal part of my life. Growing up in the era that I did computers were widely used and even began to appear in homes when I was a child. I was immediately fascinated with not just the computer but how it functioned and what its capabilities were. So as you can imagine, this passion has been instilled in me from childhood and it became very clear that I wanted to work in the field with computers from a very early age. In high school, after basically teaching a web development class the administration built a team to have the website of the school established. The four of us were responsible for everything pertaining to the website including design, function, and maintenance year after year. Upon attending an online university for a degree program, I honestly was not sure of what I wanted to pursue as a career. Computers were always a part of my life and I just was not sure that they were my passion. My major from day one has been Computer Information Systems and has been very educational and informative but I just was not sure what I wanted to do. Then a very endowed professor recommended me to an Information Security class and that’s when it became very clear that this is what I was meant to do.
During my time here at Louisiana Tech University there have been many situations that have helped reassure my decision in becoming a systems analyst for a major company. One of which was the professors, I always knew I had a strong love and passion for computers but after immersing into my curriculum, I began to increase knowledge and broaden my perspective which allowed me to reinforce this passion.



While working at a local restaurant, 102 K Bistro, I began to hone my oral communication skills. I quickly became the head Sushi Chef which helped me become the man I am today. While rolling Sushi I was at an “action station” which means I have daily interactment with the customers. During the two years of working for the Bistro during my undergrad, they asked me for help maintaining the information system. I replaced the outdated system and replaced it with an existing system which is still running today. After replacing the system, I continued to test, maintain, and improve the system and it became something that I took pride in.

I am a Delti Chi Alumni and the experience within the fraternity taught me a lot of things. I was also a member of the Catholic Christian Ministry which was also very educational. Life within the fraternity taught me how to have courage and convictions to defend the opinions of myself and others. The two memberships also taught me how to work well on a team, how to assign and complete roles and tasks. The last four years in Computer Information Systems have been challenging and very rewarding. I have already been able to implement the skills that I learned while attending Online School University. Looking back to when I was an incoming freshman, I had no clue I would find something I was so passionate about for my future. After having one of the absolute best college experiences by being involved in campus organizations, I know that I am competent with leadership and communication skills. These same leadership and communication skills will assist me in the road to becoming a Systems Analyst in the near future.

Bryant, Mathew

3 comments:

  1. This has to be one of my favorite posts! And on top of thats its also very helpful topic for newbies. Thanks a lot for informative information!
    treatments

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete